Thursday, May 7, 2009

Earth calling Manny

Not sure what to make of the Manny suspension. Peter Gammons is reporting that it's not steroids. Manny says he took something his doctor prescribed and it turned out to be against MLB's drug policy.

Do I believe that's possible? Yes. In my years of watching Manny, one word comes to mind: space cadet. (OK, that's two words.) From stories of him leaving unpaid cashed checks in his locker for weeks at a time, to his going into the Green Monster to pee during a pitching change. This is the slightly zany, talented person at your office that is well-liked, but sometimes gets on people's nerves (and hates management).

But we've heard this story before. The supplement was tainted. My doctor gave it to me. It was actually my wife's urine. Whatever. It's getting hard to believe anything athletes who fail drug tests have to say.

PEDs is the story that won't go away for MLB. Not really that surprised it was Manny; not saying he's been a PED user (I have no idea), just saying he's a space cadet. And letting him go and getting Jason Bay is looking better for the Red Sox by the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment