Thursday, September 10, 2009

NFL Preview

For my NFL season preview, I will not bother you with reams and reams of data. I will not give you my sleeper fantasy picks (I’m keeping those for my own fantasy domination). I shall also not give you my gambling secrets, because I don’t gamble. What I will give you is almost completely baseless picks and some teams who I think will surprise for better or for worse.

Playoff Picks
NFC
Giants (East)
Green Bay (North)
Carolina (South)
Arizona (West)
Chicago (WC)
Dallas (WC)

AFC
New England (East)
Baltimore (North)
Tennessee (South)
San Diego (West)
Pittsburgh (WC)
Houston (WC)

WC Round
Chicago @ Arizona
Dallas @ Giants
Pittsburgh @ San Diego
Houston @ Baltimore

Divisional Round
Chicago @ Green Bay
Giants @ Carolina
Pittsburgh @ New England
Baltimore @ Tennessee

Conference Championships
Giants @ Green Bay
Baltimore @ New England

Super Bowl
Green Bay vs. New England

Surprises
Indianapolis – I don’t think this is the end of the line for Peyton Manning, but I think the transition to a new coach and the tough division will result in Peyton watching his brother’s playoff games from a luxury box.

Minnesota – I make no apology for not picking them for the playoffs. For two seasons I have believed the Vikes would be a Super Bowl team if they could fix their QB problem. Unfortunately, it’s not 1999, and Favre sucks. You read that right. Favre sucks.

San Diego – As a Pats fan, two teams scare me going into the playoffs: San Diego and Baltimore. And then I remembered something: Norv Turner is still the coach of the Chargers. Then I’m not so scared anymore.

Green Bay – I am drinking the green and gold Kool Aid man. I like the defense to improve, I think Aaron Rodgers makes the leap, and I don’t think Chicago or Minnesota is as good as advertised. Good luck in the Super Bowl fellas, unless you play the Pats.

Detroit – The Lions won’t go 0-16 again. But 2-14 is not out of the question, as well as 1,345 sacks of Matthew Stafford. Hope you have good insurance dude.

Denver – Josh McDaniels started flirting with other girls while he had a pretty good one in Jay Cutler. I don’t think his relationship with Kyle Orton ends well. And yes, I’m pretty sure this analogy would really creep Cutler out.

New England – I think Tom Brady is going to cut through the NFL this year like never before. I think the defense will be much improved (even without Richard Seymour). Is this a complete homer pick? Absolutely, but say hello to Super Bowl #4 boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment