Wednesday, October 14, 2009

MLB Playoffs: LCS Thoughts

OK, I suck at predicting the MLB postseason. My World Series match-up of the Rox and Sox flopped in a total of seven playoff games. So much for that.

So I'll take another shot at this.

Angels v. Yankees

The Yanks look scary good, as much as I don't want to admit it. I don't trust their starters after CC, but the lineup is awesome and it will be difficult to to score on the NY bullpen after the 7th inning with Joba, Hughes and Mariano.

But the Angels are on a roll, and that lineup can score runs in any way. I still think you can pitch to Vlad and Torii Hunter, but Kendry Morales is good, and the lineup is scary when Napoli catches.

Prediction: Yanks in 6

Phillies v. Dodgers

I don't trust the Dodgers. Can't really put my finger on it, but I don't think see them beating the Phillies. I wouldn't pitch to Manny with Loney behind him, and I think the lineup can be put in check by good pitching.

For Philadelphia, Cliff Lee looks awesome, and I think the other starters will be good enough. The Achilles heel is the bullpen. I wouldn't let any one of those guys pitch to Manny no matter what. Lidge actually shouldn't even be pitching batting practice to Joe Torre.

Prediction: Phillies in 5

World Series Prediction: Yanks in 7

And if you think I'm trying a reverse jinks, I'm certainly not above such behavior. Yankees sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment