Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Exciting Survivor Finale

This is going up late because my wife and I were on vacation and DVRed the Surivor finale and just watched in last night. A few quick thoughts:
  • Sandra deserved to win, though I would have been OK with Parvati winning as well. Sandra survived to the Final 3 without an alliance for a good part of the game. That's amazing. Plus she burned Russell's hat, which was awesome.
  • Parvati played an awesome game, but her undoing was not keeping Russell in check and not getting rid of him when she had the chance. Yes, he was easy to beat in the Final 3, but he got rid of her biggest ally, someone who would have been as easy for her to beat.
  • Russell has proved out over two seasons an important life lesson: you can't treat everyone like crap and assume it won't come back to you. He treated everyone sub-human, and the entire jury saw it that way. Jerri was his one chance at a vote, and he screwed that up.
  • Speaking of screwing up the jury, someone explain this to mean: for 30-whatever days the guy lied about everything, but then Russell chooses the jury time to be honest. How does that make sense? I don't think he would have won, but he should have tried lying one more time, acting contrite, apologizing to Jerri, concentrating on smooth-talking the open votes. Instead he insulted everyone and was honest for the first time in the entire game. What a tool.
  • Coach is awesome. His little speech was high comedy. I hope they bring the Dragon Slayer back for another all-star gig. I can't get enough of Coach.
  • Though my wife and I agreed with Parvati and Sandra that Rupert looked like a serial killer sitting on the jury, his speech was moving. His disdain for Russell was palpable, even watching on TV. I got goose bumps.

What an awesome season. I don't know how many more seasons Survivor has left in it, but I think I'm back on the wagon. Haven't watched the reunion show; I might post more thoughts after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment