Friday, March 26, 2010

MLB Preview Part 1: Looking back

To start my MLB preview, I want to look back at my 2009 National League and American League previews. Let's just say I missed a little, since my World Series prediction was the Cubs and Indians. So here is my +/- with a few notes.

AL East - I was close on this division, just missed the order of the Yanks and Sox.
New York +7
Boston -2
Tampa Bay -4
Toronto -6
Baltimore -9

AL Central - Yeah, I couldn't have had Indians more wrong, and Detroit was a lot better than I thought they would be.
Minnesota +2
Detroit +15
Cleveland -26
Kansas City -10

AL West - I totally underestimated this division. I always think the Angels are destined to fall. Someday I'll be right.
Los Angeles +13
Texas +18
Seattle +23
Oakland -7

NL East - Yeah, that's right, I picked the Mets. The big story was really the young Marlins returning to relevance a year early.
Philadelphia +3
Florida +12
Atlanta +5
New York -24
Washington -8

NL Central - Yes, the Cubs weren't very good, but I did guess the Brewers exactly right. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.
St. Louis +7
Chicago -16
Milwaukee E
Cincinnati +11
Houston +4
Pittsburgh -10

NL West - Similar to the AL, I underestimated the west, especially the Rockies. Call it my Midwest bias.
Los Angeles +7
Colorado +16
San Francisco +8
San Diego +6
Arizona -7

No comments:

Post a Comment